If anyone got some problem or didn’t like to have the ask.com tool bar can try the following steps:
1) Uninstall from the windows control panel> applications installed> ask.com tool bar and updater
2) go into explore resources and delete the folder if still is there
3) download a specific removal tool from here
4) close your browser
5) open again resource explorer and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUsername\Dati applicazioni\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\YOURPROFILE.default\searchplugins ….here’s a askcom.xhml file delete it and empty the trash
6) restart your browser and that’s all!
It worked for me….